Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hope for Icarus' Words

This is an excerpt from one of my written pieces, which for now is referred to as simply "Yah". It was originally written on June 19th, 2008.

I read some of ‘yah’ to a friend last night…side note: I am still toying with the idea of calling this ‘Yah: Dirty Assertions’ or perhaps just ‘Dirty Assertions’.

Anyway, I read some of ‘yah’ last night out loud, and it was intense. I really don’t know if it meant anything to the listener but it was a trip for me hearing my thoughts come to life, giving them fragile wings and hoping that they didn’t crash and burn.

I really cannot believe I’ve survived the last year…the debilitating heartbreak, the rip tide of despair, the cataclysmic destruction of who thought I was, of what I thought was mine. I’ve reached a state of raw wonder, of unrefined awe that I didn’t drown, that I somehow washed up back onto the shore with a renewed glimmer of the will to live.

No comments: