Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gatito Angelico


The semi-feral cat that "adopted" me a year ago (holy shit has it really been a year already?!) when I moved to Austin just gave me a little much-needed direction in my life. While he usually helps himself to pretty much anything he wants to paw, curl up on, or knead he has NEVER, EVER touched my bookshelf. Today, however, he no only pawed one of my books he completely pulled it off the shelf and sat by it till I noticed what he had done. Up until my kitty's book pawing I had thought this particular book ("The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children" by Doreen Virtue Ph. D.) was with my darling little sister (who, for the time being, is rocking the shit out of Italy) and had forgotten all about it. I picked it up and opened the book to the first page that my fingers found. That page, and those thereafter, were EXACTLY what I needed at this very moment in my life. 

Suffice it to say that this experience was something that was so profound that it drove me to write a blog post about it. I know that little cat that I found panting, thirsty, dirty and napping under my boyfriend's car one year ago just did me a an angelic service.

No comments: